Inaugural Annual Dojima Sake Festival
Saturday 2nd October
14:00 – 22:00
(Gates open at 13:30)
Ticket sales closed
Dojima Sake Brewery is holding their Inaugural Annual Sake Festival at their historic Fordham Abbey home on Saturday 2nd October 2021. World Sake Day is celebrated globally on 1st October every year so the festival will be held the following day between 2:00 pm and 10:00 pm.
Children £8 (ages 5 to 17)
Under 5’s come in free.
This event is free of charge to our valued members of the Dojima Members Club.
★ There is free parking at Fordham Abbey
★ Free Mini Bus service available from Ely Station for trains arriving from London at 12:54(8seater silver), 13:25(16 seater, Neals) and 13:54(8 seater silver). For return journey: Leaving Fordham at 21:30& 22:30
Taxi’s available both at Ely and Fordham Abbey throughout the day and evening.
The event programme includes:-
- Access to the Japanese garden and organic kitchen garden.
- Open air ‘yatai’ food stalls serving sushi and other delicious Japanese cuisine.
- A licensed bar serving Japanese beer, local wines, sake and sake cocktails.
- A traditional ‘kagami-biraki’ sake barrel breaking ceremony.
- Sake panel discussion with leading figures in the UK sake industry
- Sake 101 sessions.
- Sake Masterclass with Natsuki Kikuya and Dojima brewer Tony Mitchell
- Exploring sake kasu workshop; ideas to transform your cooking using this powerhouse brewing by-product.
- Taiko drumming performance with Taiko Meantime
- Taiko drumming workshops
- Martial arts demonstrations; Aikido, Kendo, Ninjitsu, Iaido
- Japanese tea and ceramics in the Japanese garden.
- Kimono and yukata demonstration and competition with prizes for the best ones.
- Video messages from the members of International Sake Brewing Association will be played and the event will be streamed on Facebook live on the day.
- Join us in a celebration of sake and Japanese culture in the heart of the English countryside. Guests are encouraged to wear kimono, yukata or other traditional Japanese dress or just come dressed in garden party chic!
Please book in advance for Sake programme to avoid disappointment, limited places available.
[button_4 size=”small” color=”brightgreen” align=”center” href=”https://fordhamabbey.co.uk/sake-programme” new_window=”Y”]Details & Reservations[/button_4]
Some of the Cultural activities, demonstrations, workshops and exhibitions
[img_text_aside style=”1″ image=”https://fordhamabbey.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/IMG_2178-285×285.jpeg” image_alignment=”left” headline=”Rental%20Kimono%20″ alignment=”center”]
There is a Kimono competition at the end of the programme!
Highly recommend to book in advance !
[button_4 size=”small” color=”brightgreen” align=”center” href=”http://fordhamabbey.co.uk/kimono-rental” new_window=”Y”]I would like to book my slot[/button_4]
Some of the food stalls & craft shops
[file_download style=”1″][download title=”Programme%20″ icon=”style1-Pdf-64×64.png” file=”https://fordhamabbey.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Dojima-Sake-Festival-Programme-270921-1.pdf” package=”” level=”” new_window=”Y”]Dojima%20Sake%20Festival%20on%202nd%20October%202021[/download][/file_download]
Ticket sales closed